WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN ROTARY CLUB?
Rotary Club is a part of a worldwide network with more than 1.2 million members from all over the world. It is a network formed by professionals in their respective fields, joined together to serve the respective community. Many friendships have been built because of the great fellowships and projects that we do.
By joining Rotary Club, you will be given an excellent platform to serve your community in areas such as humanity, community, environment, and etc. Furthermore, Rotary Club is one of the greatest platform to foster friendships.
Rotary Club is not a political party and has no association with any political parties, so we are an independent organization providing assistance to our local community, serving the less fortunate and improving the world.
HOW TO JOIN ROTARY CLUB OF BANGSAR?
Rotary Club of Bangsar welcomes new members but memberships are strictly by invitation only.
Before you decide to join our club, you need to do ask yourself the following:
- Are you ready to join Rotary Club?
- Are you committed to your fellow Rotarians and your community?
- Will you participate in projects organise by Rotary Club of Bangsar?
Once you answer a resounding YES to all the questions above, then you will need the invitation. Check around to see if you know anyone from Rotary Club of Bangsar, and if you don’t, you can contact us with your interest and we will inform our Membership Development Director to be in touch with you to provide you with more information.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN ROTARY CLUB?
Before you can officially be a rotarian with Rotary Club of Bangsar, you will need to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must attend a minimum of 3 regular meetings,
- You must have an introducer to recommend you to become a member,
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to your introducer
- Understand and memorize the Rotary Four Way Test
- Understand your role as a Rotarian and your responsibilities as a member of Rotary Club of Bangsar
- Participate in our projects
WHAT IS THE ROTARY FOUR WAY TEST?
Rotary 4 Way Test is the main principle of being a Rotarian. It serves as a reminder of why we chose to join Rotary in the first place and how to thrive as a leader in our community.
ROTARY 4 WAY TEST
Of the things we think, say or do.
- IS IT THE TRUTH?
- IS IT FAIR TO ALL CONCERNED?
- WILL IT BUILD GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
- WILL IT BE BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED?
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A ROTARIAN?
Being a Rotarian is not by name and virtue only, and once you are a Rotarian, you are representing a great organization with more than 1.2 million members spreading across all Continent, so there are duties and responsibilities for a Rotarian to maintain:
- You need to attend at least 50% of the regular meeting
- You need to participate in Rotary projects
- You need to maintain a good image in your community and professional field
- You need to adhere and practice the Rotary 4 Way Test
CAN I JOIN THE REGULAR MEETING?
The short answer is YES
In order to join our regular meetings as a guest, you will need to be invited by a Rotarian from our club as his/her guest. If you would like to join our meetings to find out more about Rotary Club of Bangsar, kindly contact us and we will arrange our members to be in touch with you the soonest.